Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Guild
2020 Quilt Fair Entry Rules
- Any individual or group is eligible to enter. All group members must be named and credited on the registration form. For those using the on-line entry system, they will need to submit an e-mail with the names on the group quilt to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quilts or entries previously entered in a past ACPQG Quilt Fair or Show are not eligible. Quilts or entries have to have been completed after January 1, 2016
- ACPQG members can enter unlimited number of quilts and entries, but no more than (2) in any category. Non ACPQG members can enter up to (3) quilts and entries with no more than (1) in any category. In case of space limitations ACPQG entries will have priority over nonmembers entries.
- All registration forms must be received (on-line) by midnight July 13th… and mailed entries postmarked by July 11th 2020
- All quilts and entries are to be delivered to the Ashe County High School main entrance on Thursday July 23rd 2020 between 10am and 12:30pm. Contact : email@example.com if you need to make other arrangements for delivery.
- Each quilt and entry must have a visible label attached. In the case of quilt entries, the label should be on the back, attached to the bottom left corner when looking from the back. The label needs the name of the quilt, and the maker’s name. NO LABEL=NO ENTRY!
- Quilt entries must have three (3) layers (top, batting, and backing) held together with quilting stitches.
- Quilts that are longer than 80 inches must be pinned so that they do not hang more than 80 inches. We do not require a hanging sleeve as we use special hangers.
- Each quilt must be submitted in its own pillowcase. The entrant’s name and phone number should be clearly visible on the outside of the pillowcase.
- All entries must be clean and have NO strong odors, such as, pet odors, smoke, moth balls, etc.
- Any quilts or entries that require special handing or have embellishments not capable of withstanding normal handling will be refused. No embellishments that are ¾ inches higher than the base of quilt.
- The show coordinator reserves the right to change the category of your entry.
- The show coordinator may increase or eliminate any of the quilt show categories based on the number of entries in the various categories.
- The show coordinator reserves the right to return entries not meeting the Quilt Show rules.
- All entries must remain on display for the duration of the Quilt Show.
- All entries may be photographed by others.
- If you wish to sell your entry during the show, please make sure you state the price on the registration form. There is a 15% commission for ACPQG members and a 20% commission for non-members which will be deducted from the selling price.
All quilts and entries must be picked up on Saturday, July 25th 2020 at Ashe County High School between 5pm and 6:30PM. No entries will be released at any other time without prior arrangements with the show coordinator.
Any questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org