Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Guild – 2018 Quilt Fair Rules
- Any individual or group is eligible to enter. Group members must be named and credited on the registration form.
- All entries are to be delivered to Ashe County High School on Thursday, July 26, 2018 between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5, 2018 if you need to make other arrangements.
- An individual or group may enter up to two items per category.
- Quilt entries must have three (3) layers (top, batting, and backing) held together with quilting stitches.
- Entries must have a visible label attached. In the case of quilts, this label should be on the bottom left corner, looking from the back. The label should include the item’s name and the maker’s name(s). NO LABEL = NO ENTRY.
- All quilts must be able to be folded unless they have a perimeter of less than 150 inches.
- The Show Coordinators reserve the right to refuse, and assumes no liability for, entries that require special handling. Quilts entered with embellishments must be capable of withstanding normal folding and stacking without risking harm to that quilt or any other.
- The Show Coordinators reserve the right to return entries not meeting Quilt Fair rules. You will be notified if your entry is not accepted.
- All entries must be clean and have NO strong odors; e.g. pet odors, smoke, or mothballs.
- The Show Coordinators reserve the right to change the category of your entry.
- All entries must remain on display for the duration of the Fair.
- All entries may be photographed by others.
- If you wish to sell your entry during the Fair, please state sale price on your registration form. The Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Guild charges a 25% commission and will handle the sale.
- All entries must be picked up on Saturday, July 28, 2018 at Ashe County High School between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. No entries will be released at any other time without previously arranged dispensation.
Categories and Definitions
4 Wall Hanging: Intended for display or decorative purposes. May be machine or hand quilted.
7 Fiber/Textile Art: Intended as an expression of art, e.g. altered books, journals, embellished fabric boxes, and fiber jewelry; and may include a wide variety of mixed media and fiber techniques, e.g. dyeing, paints (any kind), dry and wet felting, crayons, beads, surface designs, canvas, paper making, fabric manipulation, wire, foiling, discharge, and synthetics. Does not require three layers or quilting. For this quilt fair, Category 7 may also include the usual categories for dolls, wearable art/accessories, and home decor.
To download Quilt Fair Rules and Categories CLICK HERE